Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest ways of making money online in Canada and it can be very lucrative if you focus on the right programs. Merchants may have an in-house affiliate program or join networks like Share-A-Sale, where thousands of website owners may partner up with them for a percentage of sales they make. Affiliates add the merchants’ banners to their website, or write content around a text link. They can also promote merchants in their newsletters. Clicks on the links are tracked and commissions are paid through the network or directly if the program is independently operated.
There are thousands of affiliate (partner) programs available to Canadian website owners and bloggers, which makes it difficult to select a few to focus on. We all want to choose the most lucrative offers but it’s hard to say which ones will be successful. Some may pay less but convert more, or vice versa. The final outcome will depend on how well the program is matched to your website visitors and how good you are at affiliate marketing in general.
You will also want to consider seasonal shopping, which starts earlier online to allow for shipping time. “Seasonal” can be anything from calendar holidays to actual seasons, such as promoting school supplies and wedding affiliates during the Summer months, and tropical destination travel in Winter. Additionally, if your target market includes Canadians you’ll need merchants that are based in Canada or ship to / serve Canada (all of the merchants listed below fall into these categories).
A little inside info can go a long way when you want to select the best Canadian affiliate programs. I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There is a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I’ll be doing this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time, and ultimately increasing your income.
Top 10 Earning Affiliate Programs for February, 2016
Our top-performing affiliate programs in February for Canada were very similar to January, with a little love thrown in for Valentine’s Day. Sales for tax software grew and should continue that trend through March. We also saw an uptick in travel-related sales as Canadians take a break from Winter.
1. World Wide Brands – Offers lifetime access to upwards of 10,000 verified wholesale companies and drop shippers in Canada and around the World. Members also enjoy dozens of drop shipping training videos, market research, mobile access, and a discussion forum. Pays a 25% affiliate commission per sale.
2. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – With a shipping location in Canada, Pet Wellbeing has performed really well for us this year, and it’s one of the better paying pet niche programs (most are 10% or less). Earn 15% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
3. BigCommerce – Wildly popular hosting and eCommerce platform that accommodates all types of eCommerce (even drop shipping). When we checked for basic Canadian compatibility, they stated, “Canada is in our top three largest markets.” Commissions are $60.00-$398.00 per sale and $40 per enterprise lead.
4. Template Monster – 46,000+ Website and eCommerce templates for everything imaginable, including HTML, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PrestaShop, Magento, Moto, WooCommerce and many more. Their affiliate program pays 30-50%.
5. Flowers Fast
6. eBates Canada – Canadian shoppers only have to click through eBates to their favourite online shopping destination, to automatically receive a percentage of their purchase back. eBates Canada pays $5 for referrals after you join and you get $5 free when you sign up. Use it yourself and earn even more.
7. Expedia Canada
8. Clickbank Referral Program – One of the top affiliate networks for infoproducts (eBooks, courses, etc.). Earn 22% of a new vendor’s activation charge, plus 5% of ClickBank’s typical markup of each sale that your recruited vendor makes for one year.
9. Shopify Canada – With so many Canadian businesses and individuals starting to sell online (often with little or no experience), an “out of the box” eCommerce platform is appreciated. This software is Canadian and rich in features for everyone from the individual seller to large businesses. Shopify pays 200% per sale, which can be up to $2400 (although I’ve yet to see anything close to that from one sale).
- Free, extensive affiliate training and affiliate marketing tools can be had through the masterminds at Affilorama.
- Free affiliate marketing courses, community and more from The Wealthy Affiliate.
- Free Top 50 Niches Report, free online income stream training, Market Feeder software and case studies from Niche Profit.
- To automatically embed an affiliate store in your WordPress blog, try Datafeedr.
- To easily manage affiliate links in WordPress blogs (auto-link, cloaking, etc.), check out the Affilink plugin that top bloggers are raving about.
- The link management choice of super-affiliates (like Armand Morin and John Chow) for websites or WordPress blogs is LinkTrackr.
- WordBay Plugin – Bring niche-targeted eBay products into your website or blog post with this easy plugin. Supports the eBay Partner Network, Skimlinks and Viglink.
- If you’re looking for a profitable niche that isn’t too saturated, start with keyword research and competitive intelligence using the acclaimed Long Tail Pro tool that “super affiliates” love.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
Top CPS and CPA Affiliate Networks for 2016 Revealed
Top Two-Tier Affiliate Programs for Canadians
How to Start an Affiliate Program for a Canadian Business
10 Hot Product Niches to Sell or Drop Ship Online in Canada
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content. If you would like to have high quality content created for you, please contact our writer directly.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.