Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest ways of making money online in Canada and it can be very lucrative if you focus on the right programs. Merchants may have an in-house affiliate program or join networks like Share-A-Sale, where thousands of website owners may partner up with them for a percentage of sales they make. Affiliates add the merchants’ banners to their website, or write content around a text link. They can also promote merchants in their newsletters. Clicks on the links are tracked and commissions are paid through the network or directly if the program is independently operated.
There are thousands of affiliate (partner) programs available to Canadian website owners and bloggers, which makes it difficult to select a few to focus on. We all want to choose the most lucrative offers but it’s hard to say which ones will be successful. Some may pay less but convert more, or vice versa. The final outcome will depend on how well the program is matched to your website visitors and how good you are at affiliate marketing in general. You will also want to consider seasonal shopping, which starts earlier online to allow for shipping time. “Seasonal” can be anything from calendar holidays to actual seasons, such as promoting hotel affiliates during the Summer vacation months. “Back to school” had a heavy influence on August sales on the B2C front, with many businesses also taking advantage of sales on electronics and supplies.
A little inside info can go a long way in affiliate marketing. I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There are a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I’ll be doing this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time and ultimately increasing your income.
Top 10 Earning Affiliate Programs for March, 2015
1. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – Earn 15% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
2. Wholesale2B – The majority of our drop shippers choose to work with Wholesale2B. They have several plans that facilitate selling over 1.5 million products on eBay, Amazon, Google, or through a website (your own or through a turnkey website). They ship to most of the World, including Canada, the US and the UK. The free trial reduces the number of cancellations/refunds.
3. Native Remedies and Pet Alive – One of the top websites for natural health products for pets & humans. Earn 25%/sale (including phone sales).
4. Denby Energy – With the many grants, rebates and tax incentives available to those who make their homes more energy efficient, the demand for energy audits is higher than ever before. Our exceptionally long Winters as of late have only increased that demand as Canadians struggle with heating costs. Denby Energy offers training and global certification to those who want to make a business out of this demand. The commission structure starts at 35%.
5. My App Builder – This company allows people to easily build their own iPhone/iPod Touch applications. Affiliates earn 50% of sales.
6. WeeCanToo – Provides the perfect eco gift for babies & toddlers… edible art supplies! This company has really taken off due to top media coverage. You’ll earn 15%/sale.
7. 123 Print – Quality customization and selection for a reasonable price makes 123 Print popular with both individuals and businesses of all sizes. They offer business cards, postcards, door hangers, car magnets, address labels, stamps, post-it® notes, wedding invitations, RSVP cards, and more. Their commission rate is on the low side at 8-11%, but sales volume makes up for that quite often. Canada ranks number two in their list of top sales by country.
8. Blueprint Pro for Online Business – The Blueprint Pro guides people to success in eCommerce or any online selling. It’s a big seller as Canadians get more into selling online. It pays a generous 50% commission.
9. Silver Leaf Tea – More than 800 exotic and gourmet teas from around the world, which is why I’m also a customer of this one. There are so many angles here that may not be obvious at first, such as herbal teas that increase alertness for business sites. Pays 25%/sale.
10. Hewlett-Packard (HP) Canada – Regular discounts and free shipping deals on office products that most businesses and individuals need. At 2% of sales, you’ll want to focus on HP’s big ticket items like laptops.
This search will provide a list of our top earning affiliate programs for other months.
- Free, extensive affiliate training and affiliate marketing tools can be had through the masterminds at Affilorama.
- Free affiliate marketing courses, community and more from The Wealthy Affiliate.
- Free Top 50 Niches Report, free online income stream training, Market Feeder software and case studies from Niche Profit.
- If you’re ready to advance to high-end/high-commission sales, My Top Tier Business provides the training, ads, and opportunities to some of affiliate marketing’s top earners.
- To automatically embed an affiliate store in your WordPress blog, try Datafeedr.
- To easily manage affiliate links in WordPress blogs (auto-link, cloaking, etc.), check out the Affilink plugin that top bloggers are raving about.
- The link management choice of super-affiliates (like Armand Morin and John Chow) for websites or WordPress blogs is LinkTrackr.
- WordBay Plugin – Bring niche-targeted eBay products into your website or blog post with this easy plugin. Supports the eBay Partner Network, Skimlinks and Viglink.
- If you’re looking for a profitable niche that isn’t too saturated, start with keyword research and competitive intelligence using the acclaimed Long Tail Pro tool that “super affiliates” love.
What was your top earner in March, 2015? Please share your success in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
2014 Affiliate Marketing Benchmarks + Top Networks
2014 Top CPS and CPA Affiliate Networks
Top Two-Tier Affiliate Programs for Canadians
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content. If you would like to have high quality content created for you, please contact our writer directly.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.