Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest ways of making money online in Canada and it can be very lucrative if you focus on the right programs. Merchants may have an in-house affiliate program or join networks like Share-A-Sale, where thousands of website owners may partner up with them for a percentage of sales they make. Affiliates add the merchants’ banners to their website, or write content around a text link. They can also promote merchants in their newsletters. Clicks on the links are tracked and commissions are paid through the network or directly if the program is independently operated.
There are thousands of affiliate (partner) programs available to Canadian website owners and bloggers, which makes it difficult to select a few to focus on. We all want to choose the most lucrative offers but it’s hard to say which ones will be successful. Some may pay less but convert more, or vice versa. The final outcome will depend on how well the program is matched to your website visitors and how good you are at affiliate marketing in general. You will also want to consider seasonal shopping, which starts earlier online to allow for shipping time. “Seasonal” can be anything from calendar holidays to actual seasons, such as promoting hotel affiliates during the Summer vacation months.
A little inside info can go a long way in affiliate marketing. I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There are a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I’ll be doing this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time and ultimately increasing your income.
Top 10 Earning Affiliate Programs for May, 2015
In online business, Spring can have a very similar impact to the new year. People feel recharged and excited about what the future has in store for them. They’re excited about improving themselves and their life, they try new things, and improve old things. That frame of mind almost invariably leads to online research and shopping.
1. World Wide Brands – Offers lifetime access to upwards of 10,000 wholesale companies and drop shippers. Members also enjoy dozens of drop shipping training videos, market research, mobile access, and a discussion forum. Pays a 25% affiliate commission per sale.
2. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – Earn 15% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
3. BigCommerce – Wildly popular hosting and eCommerce platform that accommodates all types of eCommerce (even drop shipping). When we checked for basic Canadian compatibility, they stated, “Canada is in our top three largest markets.” Commissions are $60.00-$398.00 per sale and $40 per enterprise lead.
4. StudioPress – A premium commercial WordPress theme developer offering professionally designed themes, including the state-of-the-art Genesis Theme Framework, which was independently rated as the best framework available. Pays 35% commissions per sale.
5. Starwest Botanicals – A huge selection of high quality, bulk herbs and essential oils. I get the vast majority of my herbs & oils from Starwest, in fact. They’ll pay you 15% per sale.
6. Tribulant – Premium WordPress plugins. Earn 30%/sale.
7. Alternative Healing Academy – Natural healing home study course. Earn 15%/sale and 5% of sub-affiliate sales.
8. Winning Ware – Product and website launching software paying 50%/sale.
9. Silver Leaf Tea – More than 800 exotic and gourmet teas from around the world, which is why I’m also a customer of this one. There are so many angles here that may not be obvious at first, such as herbal teas that increase alertness for business sites. Pays 25%/sale.
10. Hewlett-Packard (HP) Canada – Regular discounts and free shipping deals on office products that most businesses and individuals need. At 2% of sales, you’ll want to focus on HP’s big ticket items like laptops.
This search will provide a list of our top earning affiliate programs for other months.
- Free, extensive affiliate training and affiliate marketing tools can be had through the masterminds at Affilorama.
- Free affiliate marketing courses, community and more from The Wealthy Affiliate.
- To automatically embed an affiliate store in your WordPress blog, try Datafeedr.
- To easily manage affiliate links in WordPress blogs (auto-link, cloaking, etc.), check out the Affilink plugin that top bloggers are raving about.
- The link management choice of super-affiliates (like Armand Morin and John Chow) for websites or WordPress blogs is LinkTrackr.
- WordBay Plugin – Bring niche-targeted eBay products into your website or blog post with this easy plugin. Supports the eBay Partner Network, Skimlinks and Viglink.
- If you’re looking for a profitable niche that isn’t too saturated, start with keyword research and competitive intelligence using the acclaimed Long Tail Pro tool that “super affiliates” love.
What was your top earner in May, 2015? Please share your success in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
2015 Top CPS and CPA Affiliate Networks
Top Two-Tier Affiliate Programs for Canadians
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content. If you would like to have high quality content created for you, please contact our writer directly.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.