There are thousands of affiliate (partner) programs available to Canadian website owners and bloggers, which makes it difficult to select a few to focus on. We all want to choose the most lucrative offers but it’s hard to say which ones will be successful. Some may pay less but convert more, or vice versa. The final outcome will depend on how well the program is matched to your website visitors and how good you are at affiliate marketing in general.
You will also want to consider seasonal shopping, which starts earlier online to allow for shipping time. “Seasonal” can be anything from calendar holidays to actual seasons, such as promoting school supplies and wedding affiliates during the Summer months, and tropical destination travel in Winter. Additionally, if your target market includes Canadians you’ll need merchants that are based in Canada or ship to / serve Canada (all of the merchants listed below fall into these categories).
A little inside info can go a long way in affiliate marketing. I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There is a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I’ll be doing this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time, and ultimately increasing your income.
Bonus: With the Canadian dollar being so low, if you promote American programs you can automatically add about 20% to your commission.
Top 10 Earning Affiliate Programs for September, 2016
Our top performing affiliate programs for September in Canada were in the back-to-school and business categories. There is some overlap in these categories, but business sales also increase in the Fall as everyone settles back in after Summer.
1. Shopify Canada – With so many Canadian businesses and individuals starting to sell online (often with little or no experience), an “out of the box” eCommerce platform is appreciated. This software is Canadian and rich in features for everyone from the individual seller to large businesses. Shopify pays 200% per sale, which can be up to $2400 (although I’ve yet to see anything close to that from one sale).
2. SEO PowerSuite – Includes Rank Checker, Website Auditor, SEO Spyglass and Link Assistant. They offer both free and paid versions which helps the offer convert. SEO PowerSuite pays 33% of sales.
3. Clickbank Referral Program – One of the top affiliate networks for infoproducts (eBooks, courses, etc.). Earn 22% of a new vendor’s activation charge, plus 5% of ClickBank’s typical markup of each sale that your recruited vendor makes for one year.
4. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – With a shipping location in Canada, Pet Wellbeing does quite well on both sides of the border. Earn 10% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
5. Buy Domains – Offer your visitors over 1 million premium domains and earn $125 per sale.
6. Halloween Costumes – One of the best selections online for people and pets. Earn 10% of each sale.
7. Newegg Canada – A popular Canadian site for consumer electronics, Newegg’s conversion rates and more expensive products offset their low commission rate of 0.5-5%. Free ground shipping and a price-match guarantee can really help to boost sales. Back to school sales of computers and other school supplies resulted in Newegg’s climb in rank in September. It should continue to perform well through the holiday season.
8. Share-a-Sale Affiliate Network Referral Program – Share-A-Sale pays $150 for each merchant you refer to their performance based (affiliate) marketing network.
9. CreativeLive – Promote online classes taught by experts in photo, video, art, design, audio, craft, money and life. Earn 20% commission on new customer purchases, 10% on return customer purchases and $1/lead for every new member registration.
10. Cash Crate – You’ll have to sign up for this paid survey site, then you’ll earn 2-tier referral commissions. For every new member you refer to CashCrate, you earn up to 20% of what they make, and up to 10% of what their referrals make. Plus, get a $3.00 bonus when your referrals earn their first $10.00.
This search will provide a list of our top earning affiliate programs for other months.
AFFILIATE INSIDER TIPS AND TOOLS!
- Free affiliate marketing courses, community and more from The Wealthy Affiliate.
- Free, extensive affiliate training and affiliate marketing tools can be had through the masterminds at Affilorama.
- To automatically embed an affiliate store in your WordPress blog, try Datafeedr.
- To easily manage affiliate links in WordPress blogs (auto-link, cloaking, etc.), check out the Affilink plugin that top bloggers are raving about.
- The link management choice of super-affiliates (like Armand Morin and John Chow) for websites or WordPress blogs is LinkTrackr.
- You can build Amazon affiliate eCommerce websites or ads in minutes with InstantAzon WordPress plugin.
- The WordBay Plugin brings niche-targeted eBay products into your webpage or blog post. Supports the eBay Partner Network, Skimlinks and Viglink.
- Invest in professional email marketing tools, such as Constant Contact, Aweber, or ConvertKit (for bloggers).
- If you’re looking for a profitable niche that isn’t too saturated, start with keyword research and competitive intelligence using the acclaimed Long Tail Pro tool that “super affiliates” love.
What was your highest paying affiliate program for September? Please share your success or questions in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
The Best Affiliate Program Networks for Canadians
Top CPS and CPA Affiliate Networks for 2016 Revealed
Top Two-Tier Affiliate Programs for Canadians
How to Start an Affiliate Program for a Canadian Business
10 Hot Product Niches to Sell or Drop Ship Online in Canada
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content. If you would like to have high quality content created for you, please contact our writer directly.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.