Holidays bring plenty of opportunities to make sales and Valentine’s Day is no exception. It’s probably the most underutilized holiday in content marketing, however, which leaves lots of room for you and your business to use it to your competitive advantage.
The value of content marketing for Business to Consumer (B2C) companies is undeniable. It’s commonly used to:
- Increase brand awareness and reputation
- Boost customer engagement.
- Establish expertise and instill trust
- Position your product or service as the ultimate solution to a common problem
- Address common sales objections
- Generate leads and increase sales conversions
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Identifying your business as local and/or Canadian
- Turn online shoppers in the research phase into your customers
- Gather data to better identify and serve your target market
- Gain a competitive advantage over competitors who aren’t effectively utilizing content in their marketing.
How to Use Content in Valentine’s Day Marketing
Valentine’s Day content presents plenty of opportunities for Canadian businesses, drop shippers, online sellers, affiliate marketers and bloggers to bring in website or foot traffic and leads, as well as making more sales.
1. If you don’t already have a blog, it’s way past time you did! A blog makes it easy to organize and share content. Fill it with original, in-depth content and the search engines will be all over it. It also provides fresh links to share on your social media accounts and in your newsletter.
2. Launch a helpful info-product, like a short eBook of Valentine’s Day tips related to your product or service. Double the impact by offering it as a free download when people sign up for your mailing list.
3. Choosing romantic gifts can be stressful, as shoppers try to make the perfect choice for their partner. Gift guides offer the opportunity to really show off your products. If possible, make it easy for shoppers to create a wish list too.
4. Product reviews & comparisons are in high demand around Valentine’s Day for the same reason gift guides are – shoppers are looking for a thoughtful gift that represents or expresses their feelings and they don’t want to mess up.
5. Check keyword data & use your own data to create popular Valentine’s Day content. Keyword research will help you optimize your content and generate new ideas. For example, many marketers use tools like SEMRush for competitive intelligence. They track many different keyword metrics including volume, competition score, top 20 organic results, and monthly trends. Long Tail Pro quickly generates thousands of relevant keywords at once, which you can then use to build content around.
6. Solve problems that many people have on Valentine’s Day. Articles might include “Valentines Day Gifts for New Couples” or “Celebrating Valentine’s Day at Home,” and so on.
7. Offer Valentine’s Day checklists and include a few strategically-placed links.
8. Quizzes and other interactive content engages visitors, plus you can learn more about them. Love is a great theme with endless possibilities.
9. Infographics and memes are easy to create with today’s design tools. Love, romance, anti-Valentine’s Day, or other relatable themes will often be shared across social media. Infographics can also be used for tips or instructions.
10. Video content can bring in a huge number of new visitors and repeat buyers, be it on your website, on your YouTube channel, or video ads on social media. How-to or quick-tip videos are especially popular and can easily be related to your products or services with a Valentine or love slant.
11. Put a Valentine’s Day twist on guest posts and get them onto influential sites. We have a list of Popular Canadian Blogs to help you get started.
Do you plan to use Valentine’s Day to increase traffic and online sales? Please share your ideas or questions in the comments below, or join us in the Online Business Canada Facebook group.
7 Recession Proof Online Businesses To Start From Home
Expert help to choose, start, and run the business of your dreams!
“Almost 200 pages of pure gold…”
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website may not be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Our content is provided for informational purposes only and does not guarantee results.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam, trolling and brand bashing will not be published.
Melody McKinnon's formal education is in business management, which she enhanced with more than 60 certifications revolving around business, marketing, health, general sciences and writing. In 25 years of working online, she has owned or managed both educational and ecommerce websites. Her book, 7 Recession Proof Online Businesses to Start From Home, is available on Amazon.
Melody has worked with many businesses & brands in a multitude of capacities. She can often be found on CanadiansInternet.com, CanadianFamily.net and AllNaturalPetCare.com, as well as other quality digital publications. Her content has earned reference links from highly-respected websites, magazines and university textbooks.