When most marketing departments think of working with influential bloggers, they envision sponsored posts and reviews. When it comes to press releases, they send out standard information in their usual format. By doing so, they’re missing an opportunity to be published on hundreds of blogs, free of charge.
Bloggers can gain an impressive, loyal following on the social web through excellent content, communication, and trust built through fellowship and familiarity. Their value to brands is in their influence over consumer purchasing, often in a very specific niche.
Canadian bloggers can have a significant impact on the success or failure of your products in this country and beyond. The benefits of appearing on a blog include actual or perceived endorsement, traffic directly from the blog post, and social media mentions. Working with bloggers is a remarkably cost-effective way to reach your target market bullseye and build brand awareness.
You can tap into blog publicity with press releases, but traditional press releases rarely do the trick unless it’s truly news that their readers will be interested in. Even if it relates to their niche, they’re not going to bore their readers with company announcements and thinly-disguised ads. Everything they post should add value and engage their readers.
How to Get More Bloggers to Publish Your Press Release
The following tips will increase your chances of having your press release published on more blogs.
- For bloggers, your press release should be considered a hybrid of a press release and guest post. Include information that will help and engage their readers.
- Enhance your press release with more ‘evergreen’ content that will be of interest to readers over the long term, such as related tips, listicles, research, case studies, statistics, product reviews and comparisons. For example, we picked up this press release because it included stats and an infographic. On our family blog, a release from Value Village offers an engaging list of the most popular Halloween costumes. Indigo published a ‘top gifts‘ press release that was also of interest to our readers on CanadianFamily.net.
- Include high-quality visuals whenever possible, such as slides, infographics, charts or videos.
- Bloggers use journalist resources too, such as PRNewswire. Make sure you include keywords they may be searching for, based on the niche market you’re trying to reach.
- Make it easy to find press releases and other news on your website and promote these pages on social media.
- When sending a press release directly to a blogger, tell them briefly why you think their readers will appreciate the information.
- Have more than one version on the same release, with angles that appeal to defined segments of your target market. Then, send the right version to the right bloggers.
- Don’t be a pain. Repeated emails, asking for edits after the post is live or making other demands, is shooting yourself in the foot. Bloggers know what their audience responds to, so leave them to it.
How to Find Niche Bloggers
Finding suitable bloggers in your niche can be tedious and time-consuming, but the right outreach tool will make the task much easier. Ninja Outreach is our favourite outreach tool for a number of reasons. It offers the most options to help you find bloggers, content influencers and social media influencers. None of the other top tools offer social media outreach and that alone makes this one of the most valuable. Ninja Outreach also boasts location search filters, outreach templates, prospecting browser plugin, outreach scheduling, auto follow up, and basic reporting data. They have a number of affordable options to suit any company size and you can try it free to ensure it’s the best option for you.
We have a list of Popular Canadian Blogs for Blogger Outreach and Guest Posts that may prove helpful in your search for niche bloggers in this country.
Start Building a Relationship
If your press release is picked up and the response is promising, approach the blogger with other opportunities. You can offer guest posts, ask for a review, and so on. The response to your press release is a solid foundation to build your mutually-beneficial relationship on, while being reasonably certain of a healthy ROI.
Once you’ve been mentioned on a blog, promote it with pride via social media or on your website. A note of thanks to the blogger on social media is also the kind of gesture that promotes good will and keeps the door open.
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website may not be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.
Melody McKinnon's formal education is in business management, which she enhanced with more than 60 certifications revolving around business, marketing, health, general sciences and writing. In over 20 years of working online, she has owned or managed both educational and eCommerce websites.
Melody has worked with many businesses & brands in a multitude of capacities. She can often be found on CanadiansInternet.com, CanadianFamily.net and AllNaturalPetCare.com, as well as other quality digital publications. Her content has earned reference links from highly-respected websites, magazines and university textbooks.