“Digital moms” are a huge target of Canadian marketers and it pays to know where they hang out online. The results of a 2013 survey of 611 Canadian moms conducted by Mom Central Consulting was released in February, 2014. Their statistics show growth in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram usage among online moms, while YouTube and Pinterest usage dropped. New additions to the top 7 ranking include Google+ and Tumblr.
Canadian Moms’ Top 7 Social Media Networks
- Facebook – 90% of Canadian moms check Facebook at least once per week, a 9% increase over 2012. 75% of those surveyed said they checked Facebook daily, an increase of 8% over 2012 statistics.
- YouTube – Only 56% of Canadian moms visited YouTube at least once per week in 2013, by comparison to 81% in 2012.
- Pinterest – 30% of moms in Canada visited Pinterest at least once per week last year, a drop of 16% since 2012.
- Twitter – 26% of moms in Canada visited Twitter at least every week, a 12% increase over 2012.
- Google+ – 16% of Canadian moms are on Google+ at least once per week. Google+ is a big hit with French-speaking moms, with 30% of them visiting the social network at least once per week, a critical detail for those who market to Canadian moms.
- Instagram – 16% of moms in Canada drop by Instagram at least once every week, an increase of 7% over 2012.
- Tumblr – 11% of Canadian moms visit Tumblr at least once per week.
75% of the Canadian moms surveyed have a SmartPhone, and 49% of them use it to visit social media sites. One of the top reasons (5) Canadian moms log into social media is to find coupons, deals and other offers. 42% trust information posted to social media pages by businesses and brands and 38% trust social network advertising.
Need some guidance? Here are a few exceptional resources to help you learn more about using social media for business success:
- Free LinkedIn training is available at LinkedU: How to Create a Massive LinkedIn Referral Network with THE Most Influential Players in Your Market.
- To really dig into Facebook marketing, check out Canadian social media queen, Mari Smith. She’s always on top of the latest social network marketing tactics and her courses can’t be beat.
- The latest social sensation for businesses is Twitter’s Periscope for live streaming. Get ahead of your competition with the Periscope Profit Machine course.
- Pinterest has surpassed search engines for traffic generation for many businesses, but it has to be done right for maximum benefits. You can check out a free video and/or take the Power of Pinning course to get started.
- The book Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Amazing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and More, was revised and expanded in 2015 and is perfect for social media novices.
- Powerful tools like Wishpond (Canadian company) make it super easy to have social contests and offer coupons via social media. They have both free and paid options.
Have you ever marketed to online Canadian moms specifically? Please share your campaign results and what you learned in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
Marketers Reveal Their Most Effective Social Marketing Tactics
How Social Media Engagement Impacts Search Ranking
Mobile Facebook Use Increases in Canada: Work it to Your Advantage
Co-operative Social Media Engagement Groups for Canadian Businesses
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website may not be used elsewhere without expressed permission. You are welcome to link to this post for reference, discussion, etc. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content. If you would like to have quality content created for you, please contact our writer directly.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.