The internet offers a global market to businesses in Canada and around the world. You can choose to sell to your neighbours, fellow Canadians, North Americans or virtually anywhere else. Whether you currently serve a global market or not, it’s important to be aware of its potential and growth rate.
The following press release provides an overview of the present and anticipated global market for ecommerce (and other non-store categories). These highlights are from an in-depth report available from ReportLinker.com, Global Ecommerce and Other Non-Store Retailers Industry (478 pages). Like many global reports, this one offers some Canadian-specific stats as well.
New York, Oct. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com has announced the release of the report, Global Ecommerce and Other Non-Store Retailers Industry.
In the changed post COVID-19 business landscape, the global market for ecommerce and other non-store retailers estimated at US$2.3 Trillion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$5.7 Trillion by 2027, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.5% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Ecommerce, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 14.6% CAGR and reach US$5.1 Trillion by the end of the analysis period. Taking into account the ongoing post pandemic recovery, growth in the Direct Selling Establishments segment is readjusted to a revised 7.3% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
- The U.S. Market is estimated at $814.3 Billion.
- The Ecommerce and Other Non-Store Retailers market in the U.S. is estimated at US$814.3 Billion in the year 2020.
- China, the world`s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$838.6 Billion by the year 2027, trailing a CAGR of 16.1% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027.
- Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 11.3% and 13% respectively over the 2020-2027 period.
- Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 12.6% CAGR.
- Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$684.8 Billion by the year 2027.
- The global retail omni-channel commerce platform market (currently estimated at US$8 billion) is expected to reach $14.6 billion by 2026.
Alibaba Group Holding Limited
Indrio Holdings, LLC
Otto GmbH & Co KG
Suning Holdings Group Co., Ltd.
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Do you sell internationally via ecommerce? Please share your thoughts in the comments below, or join us in the Online Business Canada Facebook group.
You may also be interested in reading:
Canadian Business Use of Internet and Digital Tech (Statistics)
Where Are Canadian Online Shoppers? Online Marketplaces
Is it Time to Outsource Your Order Fulfillment?
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Our content is provided for informational purposes only and does not guarantee results.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.