Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest ways of making money online in Canada and it can be very lucrative if you focus on the right programs. Merchants may have an in-house affiliate program or join networks like Share-A-Sale, where thousands of website owners may partner up with them for a percentage of sales they make. Affiliates add the merchants’ banners to their website, or write content around a text link. They can also promote merchants in their newsletters. Clicks on the links are tracked and commissions are paid through the network or directly if the program is independently operated.
There are thousands of affiliate (partner) programs available to Canadian website owners and bloggers, which makes it difficult to select a few to focus on. We all want to choose the most lucrative offers but it’s hard to say which ones will be successful. Some may pay less but convert more, or vice versa. The final outcome will depend on how well the program is matched to your website visitors and how good you are at affiliate marketing in general.
You will also want to consider seasonal shopping, which starts earlier online to allow for shipping time. “Seasonal” can be anything from calendar holidays to actual seasons, such as promoting school supplies and wedding affiliates during the Summer months, and tropical destination travel in Winter. Additionally, if your target market includes Canadians you’ll need merchants that are based in Canada or ship to Canada (all of the merchants listed below fall into these categories).
A little inside info can go a long way in affiliate marketing. I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There are a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I’ll be doing this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time, and ultimately increasing your income.
Top 10 Earning Affiliate Programs for September, 2015
Our best affiliate programs for Canadians in September came from a mix of back-to-school, cooling weather, Halloween, flu prevention, and increased interest in online selling as we approached the holiday season. We’re still seeing an increase in shopping at Canadian online stores, probably due to the low Canadian dollar. Most haven’t broken into our top 10 yet, but they’re climbing quickly.
1. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – Earn 15% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
2. 3DCart Shopping Cart Software – This website hosting / shopping cart solution is Canadian-friendly. They pay 300% per sale and $2.00 per lead. Leads come quite easily with their free trial.
3. World Wide Brands – Offers lifetime access to upwards of 10,000 wholesale companies and drop shippers. Members also enjoy dozens of drop shipping training videos, market research, mobile access, and a discussion forum. Pays a 25% affiliate commission per sale.
4. Performance-Based Affiliate Network – Focuses on environmentally-friendly “Eco” merchants. Includes a “Ships to Canada” section to make it easy for Canadian affiliate marketers to find links. Their commission rate is 50% per sale.
5. Share-a-Sale Affiliate Network Referral Program – Share-A-Sale pays $150 for each merchant you refer to their performance based (affiliate) marketing network.
6. WeeCanToo – Provides the perfect eco gift for babies & toddlers… edible art supplies! This company has really taken off due to top media coverage. They should perform well over the holiday season, even though it’s in the US (ships to Canada). You’ll earn 15%/sale.
7. Starwest Botanicals – A huge selection of high quality, bulk herbs and essential oils. I get the vast majority of my herbs & oils from Starwest, in fact. They’ll pay you 15% per sale.
8. Professional Resume Writing Services – Many moms go job hunting once the kids are back to school, which gave Professional Resume Writing Services a boost last month. Help your visitors find a job and earn 30% commissions (minimum $60).
9. Silver Leaf Tea – More than 800 exotic and gourmet teas from around the world, which is why I’m also a customer of this one. There are so many angles here that may not be obvious at first, such as herbal teas that increase alertness for business sites. Pays 25%/sale.
10. eBates Canada – Canadian shoppers only have to click through eBates to their favourite online shopping destination, to automatically receive a percentage of their purchase back. Statistics show Canadians are looking for deals more than ever this year, so it’s a popular option for them. eBates Canada pays $5 for referrals after you join and you get $5 free when you sign up.
This search will provide a list of our top earning affiliate programs for other months.
- Free, extensive affiliate training and affiliate marketing tools can be had through the masterminds at Affilorama.
- Free affiliate marketing courses, community and more from The Wealthy Affiliate.
What was your top earner in September, 2015? Please share your success or questions in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
Top Two-Tier Affiliate Programs for Canadians
10 Hot Product Niches to Sell or Drop Ship Online in Canada
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content. If you would like to have high quality content created for you, please contact our writer directly.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.
Melody McKinnon's formal education is in business management, which she enhanced with more than 60 certifications revolving around business, marketing, health, general sciences and writing. In 25 years of working online, she has owned or managed both educational and ecommerce websites. Her book, 7 Recession Proof Online Businesses to Start From Home, is available on Amazon.
Melody has worked with many businesses & brands in a multitude of capacities. She can often be found on CanadiansInternet.com, CanadianFamily.net and AllNaturalPetCare.com, as well as other quality digital publications. Her content has earned reference links from highly-respected websites, magazines and university textbooks.