Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest ways of making money online in Canada and it can be very lucrative if you focus on the right programs. Merchants may have an in-house affiliate program or join networks like Share-A-Sale, where thousands of website owners may partner up with them for a percentage of sales they make. Affiliates add the merchants’ banners to their website, or write content around a text link. They can also promote merchants in their newsletters. Clicks on the links are tracked and commissions are paid through the network or directly if the program is independently operated.
There are hundreds of thousands of affiliate (partner) programs available to Canadian website owners and bloggers, which makes it difficult to select a few to focus on. We all want to choose the most lucrative offers but it’s hard to say which ones will be successful. Some may pay less but convert more, or vice versa. The final outcome will depend on how well the program is matched to your website visitors and how good you are at affiliate marketing in general.
A little inside info can go a long way in affiliate marketing.
I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There are a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I’ll be doing this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time and ultimately increasing your income.
Top 10 Earning Affiliate Programs for May, 2014
1. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – Earn 15% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
2. Mouseflow – We all need as much detail in our website visitor data as possible. Mouseflow allows you to record website visitors and generate instant heatmaps showing where they click, scroll, etc. Pays 10% on all sales.
3. Native Remedies & Pet Alive – One of the top websites for natural health products for pets & humans. Earn 25%/sale (including phone sales).
4. Mari Smith – The Canadian social media queen who focuses on Facebook info-products. Earn 25% of sales.
5. My App Builder – It seems everyone wants their own app these days. This company allows people to easily build their own iPhone/iPod Touch applications. Affiliates earn 50% of sales.
6. Light In The Box Wholesale Goods – Wide range of drop shipped and wholesale products from China. They’re the first Chinese company to launch an IPO on the NY Stock Exchange. Commissions paid are 8-15%, which increases for high performing affiliates.
7. India Herbs – Natural medicine is all the rage. The products here are based upon 5,000 year old Ayurveda medicine and formulated by a team of doctors. You’ll earn 40%/sale.
8. Dropship Design – We recently dropped this program due to their relentless commission theft.
9. Hewlett-Packard (HP) Canada – Regular discounts and free shipping deals on office products that most businesses and individuals need. At 2% of sales, you’ll want to focus on HP’s big ticket items like laptops.
10. eBates Canada – Canadian shoppers only have to click through eBates to their favourite online shopping destination, to automatically receive a percentage of their purchase back. Statistics show Canadians are looking for deals more than ever this year, so it’s a popular option for them. eBates Canada pays $5 for referrals after you join and you get $5 free when you sign up.
This search will provide a list of our top earning affiliate programs for other months.
- Free, extensive affiliate training and affiliate marketing tools can be had through the masterminds at Affilorama.
- Free affiliate marketing courses, community and more from The Wealthy Affiliate.
What was your top earner in May? Please share your success in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
Top Two-Tier Affiliate Programs for Canadians
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.