There are thousands of affiliate (partner) programs available to Canadian website owners and bloggers, which makes it difficult to select a few to focus on. We all want to choose the most lucrative offers but it’s hard to say which ones will be successful. Some may pay less but convert more, or vice versa. The final outcome will depend on how well the program is matched to your website visitors and how good you are at affiliate marketing in general.
You will also want to consider seasonal shopping, which starts earlier online to allow for shipping time. “Seasonal” can be anything from calendar holidays to actual seasons, such as promoting school supplies and wedding affiliates during the Summer months, and tropical destination travel in Winter. Additionally, if your target market includes Canadians you’ll need merchants that are based in Canada or ship to / serve Canada (all of the merchants listed below fall into these categories).
A little inside info can go a long way in affiliate marketing. I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There is a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I’ll be doing this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time, and ultimately increasing your income.
Bonus: With the Canadian dollar being so low, if you promote American programs you can automatically add about 20% to your commission.
Top 10 Earning Affiliate Programs for September, 2016
Our top performing affiliate programs for September in Canada were in the back-to-school and business categories. There is some overlap in these categories, but business sales also increase in the Fall as everyone settles back in after Summer.
1. Shopify Canada – With so many Canadian businesses and individuals starting to sell online (often with little or no experience), an “out of the box” eCommerce platform is appreciated. This software is Canadian and rich in features for everyone from the individual seller to large businesses. Shopify pays 200% per sale, which can be up to $2400 (although I’ve yet to see anything close to that from one sale).
2. SEO PowerSuite – Includes Rank Checker, Website Auditor, SEO Spyglass and Link Assistant. They offer both free and paid versions which helps the offer convert. SEO PowerSuite pays 33% of sales.
3. Clickbank Referral Program – One of the top affiliate networks for infoproducts (eBooks, courses, etc.). Earn 22% of a new vendor’s activation charge, plus 5% of ClickBank’s typical markup of each sale that your recruited vendor makes for one year.
4. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – With a shipping location in Canada, Pet Wellbeing does quite well on both sides of the border. Earn 10% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
5. Buy Domains – Offer your visitors over 1 million premium domains and earn $125 per sale.
6. Halloween Costumes – One of the best selections online for people and pets. Earn 10% of each sale.
7. Newegg Canada – A popular Canadian site for consumer electronics, Newegg’s conversion rates and more expensive products offset their low commission rate of 0.5-5%. Free ground shipping and a price-match guarantee can really help to boost sales. Back to school sales of computers and other school supplies resulted in Newegg’s climb in rank in September. It should continue to perform well through the holiday season.
8. Share-a-Sale Affiliate Network Referral Program – Share-A-Sale pays $150 for each merchant you refer to their performance based (affiliate) marketing network.
9. CreativeLive – Promote online classes taught by experts in photo, video, art, design, audio, craft, money and life. Earn 20% commission on new customer purchases, 10% on return customer purchases and $1/lead for every new member registration.
10. Cash Crate – You’ll have to sign up for this paid survey site, then you’ll earn 2-tier referral commissions. For every new member you refer to CashCrate, you earn up to 20% of what they make, and up to 10% of what their referrals make. Plus, get a $3.00 bonus when your referrals earn their first $10.00.
What was your highest paying affiliate program for September? Please share your success or questions in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
The Best Affiliate Program Networks for Canadians
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may not be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.
Melody McKinnon's formal education is in business management, which she enhanced with more than 60 certifications revolving around business, marketing, health, general sciences and writing. In 25 years of working online, she has owned or managed both educational and ecommerce websites. Her book, 7 Recession Proof Online Businesses to Start From Home, is available on Amazon.
Melody has worked with many businesses & brands in a multitude of capacities. She can often be found on CanadiansInternet.com, CanadianFamily.net and AllNaturalPetCare.com, as well as other quality digital publications. Her content has earned reference links from highly-respected websites, magazines and university textbooks.
Is there a Canadian affiliate program for landing pages? I thought I saw one on here before but I can’t find it now. Thank you!
Hi Karl, you’re probably referring to Wishpond?
Thanks for the ideas!