In the new year, most of us are focused on goals. Sometimes it’s good to look back, however, especially if you learn something that will help you in the future. That certainly holds true for making money online, but you don’t have to limit yourself to your own past to benefit from a walk down memory lane. That’s why we’re sharing this list of our top 20 earning affiliate programs of 2015, born from our monthly top 10 report.
2015 saw an especially strong interest in making money online in Canada. One reason is Canadians are more comfortable with internet buying and selling these days, making online business a promising option. The unemployment rate has been high for quite some time as well, which has made self-employment appealing.
The low Canadian dollar also inspired an interest in eCommerce for several reasons. Things are more expensive, for one thing, which has made it necessary to supplement our income with part-time online income opportunities. Another reason is our low loonie opens many doors into the American market, allowing us to compete for both Canadian and US sales. Perhaps most importantly, eCommerce has become less of an option and more of a necessity for small businesses as they struggle to compete with online retail. The fact that most affiliate programs pay in American dollars is an added bonus of the low Canadian dollar. Watching a $300 USD cheque turn into $400+ CAD is almost magical.
I manage several websites and blogs, a number of which participate in affiliate programs to generate revenue. There is a broad range of sectors covered between them, making this compilation beneficial for most affiliate marketers. I’ve ranked them according to the amount they brought in for each individual website, and combined totals when multiple sites earned from the same merchant. I also do this for you every month or so in the hopes of saving you some time, and ultimately increasing your income. This search will provide a list of our monthly top earning affiliate programs.
Note: Some links will bring you directly to the affiliate program sign-up page. For others, you’ll usually find the “affiliate program” link at the bottom of their home page.
Our Top 20 Earning Affiliate Programs of 2015
1. Pet Wellbeing Inc. – With a shipping location in Canada, Pet Wellbeing has performed really well for us this year, and it’s one of the better paying pet niche programs (most are 10% or less). Earn 15% of sales of natural pet health and wellness products.
2. Performance-Based Affiliate Network – Focuses on environmentally-friendly “Eco” merchants. Includes a “Ships to Canada” section to make it easy for Canadian affiliate marketers to find links. Their commission rate is 50% per sale for referring merchants, and varying commissions are paid by merchants within the network.
3. World Wide Brands – Offers lifetime access to upwards of 10,000 wholesale companies and drop shippers in Canada and around the World. Members also enjoy dozens of drop shipping training videos, market research, mobile access, and a discussion forum. Pays a 25% affiliate commission per sale.
4. Shopify – With so many Canadian businesses and individuals starting to sell online, often with little or no experience, an “out of the box” solution is appreciated. Shopify pays 200% per sale, which can be up to $2400 (although I’ve yet to see anything close to that from one sale).
5. Roam Mobility – A Canadian company offering unlimited talk, text and data for Canadians traveling in the USA, by connecting to Roam Mobility’s wireless network with their Travel SIM Card. You get a permanent US phone number, which appeals to frequent travelers and snowbirds (which probably explains its strong finish as the weather cooled). Roam Mobility was voted the Best Prepaid SIM for Canadians by PC Magazine, and its products have been featured in the Vancouver Sun, CBC, CTV, Business in Vancouver, and The Globe and Mail. They’ll pay you 30% per sale.
6. Silver Leaf Tea – More than 800 exotic and gourmet teas from around the world, which is why I’m also a customer of this one. There are so many angles here that may not be obvious at first, such as herbal teas that increase alertness for business sites. Pays 25%/sale.
7. Starwest Botanicals – A huge selection of high quality, bulk herbs and essential oils. I get the vast majority of my herbs and oils from Starwest, in fact, because I’ve never found anything comparable online in Canada (there’s a good online business opportunity for Canadians). They’ll pay you 15% per sale.
8. eBates Canada – We just got involved with eBates Canada and it has already taken off. Canadian shoppers only have to click through eBates to their favourite online shopping destination, to automatically receive a percentage of their purchase back. Statistics show Canadians are looking for deals now more than ever, so it’s a popular option for them. eBates Canada pays $5 for referrals after you join and you get $5 free when you sign up.
9. Share-a-Sale Affiliate Network Referral Program – Share-A-Sale pays $150 for each merchant you refer to their performance based (affiliate) marketing network.
10. Template Monster – 46,000+ Website and eCommerce templates for everything imaginable, including HTML, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PrestaShop, Magento, Moto, WooCommerce and many more. Their affiliate program pays 30-50%.
11. HostPapa – Fully featured website hosting based in Canada, starting at a very competitive $2.95 per month. Chances are the increased popularity of Host Papa is also due to the low Canadian dollar, plus it’s powered by green energy. Their affiliate program pays up to $200 per sale. If you use them as your own host you’ll have plenty of opportunities to recommend them regardless of what your niche is.
12. Hewlett-Packard (HP) Canada – Regular discounts and free shipping deals on office products that most businesses and individuals need. At 2% of sales, you’ll want to focus on HP’s big ticket items like laptops.
13. Points.com – Allows user to keep all their loyalty activity in one place, with one login. Store and organize 110+ airline, hotel, retail, and credit card programs from around the globe in your wallet. Earn 2.50% – 10.00%/sale and $0.25/lead.
14. My Theme Shop – Premium WordPress themes and plugins recommended by the gurus. Earn 70% of sales.
15. 3DCart Shopping Cart Software – This website hosting / shopping cart solution is Canadian-friendly. They pay 300% per sale and $2.00 per lead. Leads come quite easily with their free trial.
16. Wishpond – Lead generation software for creating landing pages and contests (Facebook sweepstakes, photo contests, Instagram hashtag contests, etc), track leads, automate eMail campaigns and more. Wishpond is based in Canada. Earn 30% of sales.
17. Canon Canada – Since most of their products are higher-priced and they’re a trusted brand, you can do OK with their 3% commission rate.
18. E1KaD – Online marketing veteran, Dennis Becker, has numerous info-products available (including free reports with an upsell). He pays 50% of each sale.
19. Winning Ware – Product and website launching. You’ll earn 50%/sale and 10% of sub-affiliate sales.
20. WeeCanToo – Provides the perfect eco gift for babies & toddlers… edible art supplies! This company has really taken off due to top media coverage. Performs well, even though it’s in the US (ships to Canada). You’ll earn 15%/sale.
- Free, extensive affiliate training and affiliate marketing tools can be had through the masterminds at Affilorama.
- Free affiliate marketing courses, community and more from The Wealthy Affiliate.
- Free Top 50 Niches Report, free online income stream training, Market Feeder software and case studies from Niche Profit.
- To automatically embed an affiliate store in your WordPress blog, try Datafeedr.
- To easily manage affiliate links in WordPress blogs (auto-link, cloaking, etc.), check out the Affilink plugin that top bloggers are raving about.
- The link management choice of super-affiliates (like Armand Morin and John Chow) for websites or WordPress blogs is LinkTrackr.
- WordBay Plugin – Bring niche-targeted eBay products into your website or blog post with this easy plugin. Supports the eBay Partner Network, Skimlinks and Viglink.
- If you’re looking for a profitable niche that isn’t too saturated, start with keyword research and competitive intelligence using the acclaimed Long Tail Pro tool that “super affiliates” love.
What was your top affiliate marketing earner in 2015? Please share your success or questions in the comments below.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
Free eCourse: Expert Affiliate Marketing
2015 Top CPS and CPA Affiliate Networks
Top Two-Tier Affiliate Programs for Canadians
10 Hot Product Niches to Sell or Drop Ship Online in Canada
10 Low-Cost Side Businesses you can Start Online from Home
© CanadiansInternet.com – Content on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content. If you would like to have high quality content created for you, please contact our writer directly.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website.
COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. Spam will not be published.
Melody McKinnon's formal education is in business management, which she enhanced with more than 60 certifications revolving around business, marketing, health, general sciences and writing. In over 20 years of working online, she has owned or managed both educational and eCommerce websites.
Melody has worked with many businesses & brands in a multitude of capacities. She can often be found on CanadiansInternet.com, CanadianFamily.net and AllNaturalPetCare.com, as well as other quality digital publications. Her content has earned reference links from highly-respected websites, magazines and university textbooks.